[SR-Users] Kamailio service not starting on reboot when using mysql database

Rick Aldred eazilyled at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 12:43:10 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Maybe the fix would be to include mysql under 'Should-Start' (and 'Should-Stop')
in the LSB

header. That way mysql will be started if it is present, but not prevent
Kamailio from starting if it is not.

There is actually already a commented out Should-Start and Should-Stop in
/etc/init.d/kamailio - it would just need uncommenting and moving up into the
header.

I am sticking with Required-Start as I have defined WITH_MYSQL, WITH_AUTH, wtc
in my config file.

I found these definitions of Should-Start and Should-Stop at
http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts:

Should-Start: boot_facility_1 [boot_facility_2...]
defines the facilities that if present should start before the service provided
by the script. Nevertheless, the script can still start if the listed facilities

are missing. This allows for weak dependencies which do not cause the service to

fail if a facility is not available. Consider using virtual facility names as
described below if adequate.

Should-Stop: boot_facility_1 [boot_facility_2...]
defines the facilities that if present should be stopped after this service.
Normally you would include here the same facilities as those used with the
Should-Start keyword.

Regards,
Rick