[SR-Users] Cannot run Kamailio on public IP

Thu Apr 7 10:22:30 CEST 2011

Am 07.04.2011 09:10, schrieb spamasbl at gmail.com:
> Hello all,
>
> I have installed latest Kamailio 3.1.3 on latest ubuntu server.
> Everything seems to be working well
> on my LAN. I can successfully register with local Kamailio IP address
> (192.168.1.137).
>
> The issue is that I can not run Kamailio on my public IP:
> listen=udp:77.XX.XX.XX:5060
> listen=udp:192.168.1.137:5060
> port=5060

Kamailio can only listen to local IP addresses. The public IP address is
not on your server, but on the public interface of the NAT Router. I
guess the NAT router just does a forwarding to 192.168.1.137.

Having a SIP proxy behind NAT will give you lot of headache. Anyway,
listen only to the local IP address (192.168.1.137) and try
advertised_address:

http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/core-cookbook:3.1.x#advertised_address

klaus