[SR-Users] off-topic: jobs & projects - figuring out the best solution

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:32:18 CEST 2011

Hello,

recently the demand in jobs and projects related to kamailio seemed to
increase. I can just say that I am very happy with that.

While announcing on the mailing lists is ok, I think we should try to
make the process better and more productive, i.e., easier to advertise
by publishers and easier to read for those interesting. For that, imo,
we need a web page where someone can post such announcements and the
others can read it.

Since I had this idea in mind for some while, I searched for a dokuwiki
plugin that could help, so we can reuse our wiki system. I found
bureaucracy plugin, but does not seem to be ready for latest dokuwiki
version according to its page:
http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:bureaucracy

But maybe it just works, I should try it instead of waiting, anyhow
spare time is not my friend these days...

Alternatives would be:
- a wordpress plugin - haven't searched for one yet, but there are tons
of plugins for WP, maybe one will fit the needs
- another web application designed for such purposes

My question to you is whether you can recommend a solution which we can
evaluate. Ideally (or better said, as many characteristics to be met as
possible), the system should be able to:
- allow people to post announcements for jobs and projects (with or
without prior registration, but with spam prevention - e.g., captcha)
- allow to publish details about the job/projects, contact addresses,
validity period
- allow to invalidate an announcement when the position/project is taken
- send an email notification when the announcement is done first time,
with a link to the web page of the announcement, so we can send it one
to a particular mailing list

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com