[SR-Users] [sr-dev] Kamailio at Google Summer of Code 2011

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Tue Apr 5 14:33:50 CEST 2011

On 04/05/2011 03:19 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I should have said it from the beginning that this project is
> practically just a proposal for the moment, the idea started at FOSDEM
> this year while talking with the folks at Jitsi project and we thought
> sip-to-jingle gw might work only with signaling conversion.
>
> We have one slot for a project at GSoC 2011, if you have your own idea
> for some cool extension for Kamailio and you know a student willing to
> implement it, just write here and we will consider it. At the end, we
> will select the best idea based on the best potential student that looks
> very likely to complete it.
>
> Since the time is quite short, you better hurry with your proposals and
> students.

Hello,

I have started to work on HTABLE ( a BigTable type storage for Hadoop
from Apache) backend support in Kamailio, as I consider stepping away
from SQL type databases to more distributed environments will benefit us
in the long run. The requirements are C++ and Thrift(very easy to use -
already made them work), so we need an external C++ library that would
talk with K's future db_htable module. As time is not that  it would be
nice  that I  have some help :).

Also I remember that there were talks last year about a new dialog
design and several people work on it. This would also be a nice
extension to K.

Of course, both ideas don't involve Jitsi directly, they might fail from
the start.

Marius