[SR-Users] XCAP 3.1 configuration !

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Sep 30 17:13:30 CEST 2010

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

> what are the models for these nokia phones? I have some with sip client
> inside, but they might be old -- i haven't seen any xcap settings
> there.

daniel,

the phone should have VoIP Release 3.0 or later:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/e8606b12-0c65-45d3-88a3-3b5e1519ef17/Nokia_VoIP_Release_3_0_FAQ_v1_0_en.pdf.html

i don't know, which models have this software.  i have tested with E75
that is about one year old.  below find some instructions that i have
written.

-- juha

Nokia E75 SIP Configuration (VoIP Release 3.0)

Preliminary instructions
Send comments to jh at tutpro.com

1) Install "Advanced VoIP settings" tool from page

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/d476061e-90ca-42e9-b3ea-1a852f3808ec/SIP_VoIP_Settings.html

2) Menu -> Control panel -> Net settings -> Advanced VoIP settings ->
   	   Create new service -> Create new SIP profile

	Username
	    john.wayne at tutpro.com
	Password
	    top_secret
	Would you like to create presence settings?
	    Yes
	Type your XDM service provider address
	    http://xcap.tutpro.com:8080/xcap-root@tutpro.com/
	Don't activate service yet.

3) Menu -> Control panel -> Net settings -> Advanced VoIP settings ->
   	   VoIP services -> tutpro.com -> Profile settings

	AWCDMA
	    On
	Voicemail settings ID
            tutpro.com
	Voicemailbox preferred ...
	    A WLAN or GPRS internet access point
	Voicemailbox resubscri ...
	    1800
	Voicemailbox address
	    john.wayne at vm.tutpro.com
	Voicemailbox listen address
	    john.wayne at vm.tutpro.com
	Minimum value for session interval
	    600

4) Menu -> Control panel -> Net settings -> Advanced VoIP settings ->
   	    VoIP services -> tutpro.com -> Codecs

        Select iLBC and move it to 1st position
	Select G729 and move it to 4th position

5) Menu -> Control panel -> Net settings -> Advanced VoIP settings ->
   	    SIP settings -> tutpro.com

	Default destination
            Internet
	Proxy server
	    Proxy server address
	        sip.tutpro.com
	    Realm
	        tutpro.com
	    Username
	        john.wayne
	    Password
	        top_secret
	Registrar server
	    Registrar server address
	        tutpro.com
	    Realm
	        tutpro.com
	    Username
	        john.wayne
	    Password
	        top_secret

6) Menu -> Control panel -> Net settings -> Advanced VoIP settings ->
   	    NAT firewall settings -> Domain parameters -> Create
   	    parameters -> tutpro.com
        CRLF refresh
	    On

7) Menu -> Control panel -> Net settings -> Advanced VoIP settings ->
   	    Presence settings -> Tutpro.com
	Publishing interval
	    900

8) Menu -> Control panel -> Net settings -> Advanced VoIP settings ->
   	    XDM settings -> Tutpro.com
	Access point
	    A WLAN or GPRS internet access point

9) Menu -> Control panel -> Net settings -> TutPro settings

   	Default service
	    Yes
	Service connectivity
	    Select Internet
	Availability request
	    Accept automatically

Use by selecting and activating tutpro.com from Contacts.