[SR-Users] Asterisk Load balancing and Session Aware

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Sep 30 16:19:53 CEST 2010

Ross,

On 09/30/2010 10:14 AM, Ross Beer wrote:

> The phone sets up another call using INVITE and then uses REFER when
> the transfer takes place.

Please try to keep the list copied, as a matter of good practice.

If I understood your scenario correctly, you don't have a choice but
to send the REFER to the same Asterisk server as the one hosting the
original call leg, because that is the only server that is aware of
that call leg.  Perhaps I have not adequately understood.

However, if your question is about whether Kamailio can initiate
transfers, it can, sort of.  You can initiate REFERs and
INVITE-hold-REFER-BYE bridges from route script a la:

http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/modules_k/dialog.html#id2700697

http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/modules_k/dialog.html#id2700815

You can also use the management interface to stimulate Kamailio to
initiate a 'bridge' of this nature from an outside script:

http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/modules_k/dialog.html#id2701383

If there is anything that might serve your needs, I think it is that.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC