[SR-Users] Multiple Servers Serving A Domain

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:44:02 CEST 2010

  Hello,

On 9/29/10 5:50 PM, Jon Farmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I currently have 1 OpenSer server in front of a number of Asterisk
> boxes. I want to move to a scenario where I have multiple OpenSer
> boxes serving the same domain name in front of the Asterisk boxes. The
> UA could be registered on either of the OpenSer via SRV. When Asterisk
> has a call for the UA is it better to get Asterisk to dial both
> OpenSER or get one OpenSER to fork the call to the other box?
>
> Any opinions please?

simplest will be to have asterisk doing a fork call. Then you don't need
anything changed in kamailio configs.

The other option is good as well, taking load from asterisk:
- when a call comes to kamailio from asterisk, check location and if
fails, send to the other kamailio, if found send to phone
- when a calls comes from the other kamailio, check location, if fails
send 404, if found send to phone

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com