[SR-Users] xcap server modules !

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 12:33:02 CEST 2010

  Hello,

please use sr-users at lists.sip-router.org for questions about kamailio
and ser

On 9/24/10 12:17 PM, usman aftab wrote:

> I haven't been able to found these modules  xhttp.so & xcap_server.so
> mentioned on this link
> http://sip-router.org/docbook/sip-router/branch/master/modules_k/xcap_server/xcap_server.html
>
> I am trying to setup an presence server with buddy list on kamailio
> 3.0.3 on debian lenny.

the xcap_server module is available only in current development version,
which is planned to be released as 3.1.0 in few weeks. Backporting to
3.0.x may require some work.

Therefore I advise you install the master branch and test it. I tested
with SIP Communicator, Zoiper, a.s.o. and seems to work fine.

Here are some guidelines:

git clone --depth 1 git://git.sip-router.org/sip-router kamailio
cd kamailio
make FLAVOUR=kamailio include_modules="db_mysql presence presence_xml xcap_server" cfg
make all
make install

The add to your config file the parts for xcap server, like in module readme (the link you pasted above).

> If for any reason I need OpenXCAP.
No, you don't need anything else, xcap_server module implements a XCAP
server :-), so you have all-in-one and easy solution for SIMPLE presence.

Thanks,

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com