[SR-Users] Memory leak

Wed Sep 22 09:36:46 CEST 2010

Am 20.09.2010 21:21, schrieb Santiago Soares:
> Hello,
>
> We use Kamailio as a stateless load balancer.
> It runs on a VM, with 512 MB RAM, and it seems to have some kind of
> memory leak.
> The kamailio processes consume all available memory, until Kamailio
> crashes and restart.

What do you mean with "crash"? Usually if Kamailio runs out of memory it
logs error messages but it does not crash.

How do you verify the memory consumption? With top or other tools? If
the memory consumption reported by the OS is increasing then there is a
problem with an external library.

Kamailio internally allocates at startup a fixed size of memory which is
never increased. If system memory consumption is increasing then it is
by an external library which does not use Kamailio's memory allocator.

So what exactly is happening? Is Kamilio just running out of
pre-allocated memory or is system-memory increasing? How does it crash
in detail?

regards
Klaus