[SR-Users] Change in RTP Payload time on the fly

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Sun Sep 19 15:49:33 CEST 2010

Hello Vikram,

Network jittter may have an effect on how much payload is available to be sent.
Take a look at this thread:
http://lists.rtpproxy.org/pipermail/users/2008-August/000060.html
Check the value of POLL_LIMIT on the version of rtpproxy that you are using.

If you are able to run the same test identically (using sipp with
media for example) it would be interesting to see what kind of results
you will have:
 - running the same test several times and analyze the jitter on both
incoming and outgoing rtp stream;
 - running the same test (with an increased POOL_LIMIT) several times
and analyze the jitter on both incoming and outgoing rtp stream.

If this doesn't have any effect, then the code needs to be
instrumented to see what exactly is going on (by adding specific
probes for your specific tests).

It would be interesting to see your results.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas