[SR-Users] Change in RTP Payload time on the fly

Pranav Desai pdesai at signalogic.com
Sun Sep 19 06:19:25 CEST 2010

Hello,

Thank you for your comments.
My answers are inline.

> Hello,
>
> ptime and also the z flag are ms values, so a values of 6 or 8 ms are not
> the recommended length of time, it should be an integer
> multiple of 5 ms. I havn't yet a look the the source, but the nathelper
> doc
> say ZNN, maybe only the 12 is taken from your 120?

The 'ZNN' in the documentation might be misleading, since I tried with
'Z120' and the variable 'requested_nsamples' is set to 960 samples
(120/10*80).
This variable is used by RTP resizer to resize the RTP packets.

> But in fact the doc confuse with ZNN and an example of 100ms. Could you
> try
> again with 90?

I tried with ptime=80ms and ptime=60ms.
But, I still have the similar results, i.e. I get occasional packets with
ptime=40 and sometimes ptime=20ms.

Regards,
Pranav Desai