[SR-Users] Kamailio Jabberd Integration

shoks lowbotskie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 05:48:17 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Alex Balashov
<abalashov at evaristesys.com>wrote:

> It would be helpful if you could expound in additional on what exactly you
> tried and what did not work for you.

First off, the Kamailio and Jabberd servers are on the same machine. I
managed to separately make them work. Call setup between SIP clients is
working and so with messaging/presence functions for Jabberd clients.
Currently I have two groups of users, one group for SIP and one for Jabberd.
What I want to achieve is that when a SIP client successfully register to
Kamailio, its presence information will be also propagated to Jabberd. This
allows online Jabberd clients to see registered SIP clients and be able to
exchange messages. All SIP clients supports presence, currently I am using
Ekiga and X-lite.

I tried to use pua_xmpp and other modules as described in their man pages.
Attach is my configuration. Using Ekiga, it got OK for SUBSCRIBE and
PUBLISH. However, I could not see any connection attempt to Jabberd (with
debugging turned on). Or should I see this? Will this messages trigger
Kamailio (via pua_xmpp, xmpp, etc modules) to communicate to Jabberd? Do I
have to create an account in Jabberd for each SIP clients?

Thanks