[SR-Users] TM question

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Sep 8 11:26:31 CEST 2010

Daniel,

On 09/08/2010 04:20 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> have you added some xlogs to see where it ends the execution for that
> case?
>
> If you can run the config with devel version, then load debugger
> module and enable execution trace.

I have found the problem.  It was a bug on my side that stemmed from
my failure to correctly understand the documentation for
t_lookup_request().  I believe it is written in an ambiguous way, even
though the mistake is surely mine.

The docs say:

    Checks if a transaction exists. Returns a positive value if so,
    negative otherwise. Most likely you will not want to use it, as a
    typical application of a look-up is to introduce a new transaction
    if none was found. However this is safely (atomically) done using
    t_newtran."

To me, this contains the implicit suggestion that a transaction will
be created by calling t_lookup_request() if it does not already exist.
  I was in fact quite mistaken in this and took some measures that
resulted in bizarre outcomes.

Thanks for your help!

--
Alex Balashov - Principal