[SR-Users] please help to register sip phone to kamailio server via tls support.

Tue Sep 7 09:47:18 CEST 2010

I couldn't follow what you exactly did, but you should

1. create a self-signed CA certificate

2. create private and public key for server. Make certificate signing
request (CSR) from the public key. Sign this CSR with the CA certificate
- this will give you the server certificate.

3. configure in Kamailio the server's public key (certificate), the
server's private key and the CA certificate as CA list.

4. Import the CA certificate into the TLS client (e.g. the SIP client)

You can test if the Kamailio configuration works by using a browser e.g:

- surf with Internet Explorer to
    https://domain.name.ofyour.sipproxy:5061/
   This should give you a certificate warning (do NOT accept the
certificate)

- close Internet Explorer

- import CA certificate into Windows certificate store

- surf with Internet Explorer again to
    https://domain.name.ofyour.sipproxy:5061/
   This time there should not be any certificate warning.

You can also try other SIP clients, e.g. eyebeam (uses Windows
certificate store), twinkle (Linux) or QjSimple (let you specify the CA
file manually, do not configure client certificate and private key)

regards
klaus