[SR-Users] libosip2 parse body error

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 22:07:19 CEST 2010

On 10/27/10 9:54 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> On 10/27/2010 12:43 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Now, if it is easier for you to count hex codes by hart in a combined
>> content, then it is fine. For me is easier to get the body in text
>> format and use wc tool to count.
> Except it is hard to say if there is CR, CRLF, LF (whatever) at the
> end of the message :-)
not sure what version you use, but in my ngpre, and as far as I can
remember in the past, CR and LF were always printed as dot '.' unless
you use -W byline when the LF is printed as new line, CR is still '.'.
Further you can use -P to change the '.' to something else

So regarding the content length that is enough and I do use the command
for long time to check the body size -- if you have -W byline just add
'wc -l'.

But counting by hart, with wc or something else is a completely
different story and maybe was not clear in my first email as people
started to debate this instead of trying to figure out the real problem,
so repeating here -- I haven't doubted that the content length header
value is different that the size of the body, as Tony said that clear.

I asked ngrep or pcap to see if the body was altered by the proxy or is
the one from the other phone. I mentioned the proxy does not change the
body and content length unless is nat traversal involved (or, of course,
textops-like changes to body).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com