[SR-Users] dictionary attacks

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Oct 24 22:14:29 CEST 2010

On 10/24/2010 03:34 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> what do you mean by outside process?
>
> For example, with app_lua, the interpreter is linked to the code, so
> is no external process, it is like cfg interpreter, just that it
> resides in a module, not in core.

Oh, I did not realise it is so persistent.

I thought it worked more like Apache's mod_php, where the interpreter
and dependencies are loaded into memory so that the entire language
runtime does not need to be initialised each time a script is invoked,
but the script itself is still loaded anew every time.

What you are suggesting is that the 'perl' module works more like
mod_perl, where the user-supplied script itself is loaded into memory
persistently?

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC