[SR-Users] Kamailio unable to forward Register request to asterisk

Sundeep Kumar Mishra sundeep123kumariiit at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 15:15:06 CEST 2010

Hi all,
         I have installed an asterisk server at 10.3.3.143:5080 and a
kamailio at 10.3.3.85:5060. I am using sip communicator as softphone SIP
Client. It is able to register at kamailio but the kamailio is not able to
forward register request to asterisk.

We have gone through the tutorial
http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-3.0.x-asterisk-1.6.2-astdband
used the configuration file after changing the asterisk ip and
kamailio
ip.

We found out that when a normal softphone authenticates directly to asterisk
it sends and recieve

|--softphone -- REGISTER
|--asterisk -- 401 Unauthorised . CHallenge
|--softphone -- REGISTER - Response to Challenge
|--asterisk -- 200 OK (If response was correct)

But I saw that when  kamailio forwards register to asterisk, it sends first
REGISTER packet but doesn't second the second one. It sends SUBSCRIBE
instead of REGISTER with response to the challenge.

Regards,
Sundeep Kumar Mishra