[SR-Users] [OT] Fwd: [dispatch] proposed SIXPAC charter

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Oct 21 23:21:27 CEST 2010

2010/10/21 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
> There are two aspects:
> 1) real time communication routing - voice, im, presence states
> 2) offline resource routing - vcard, predefined-content documents
>
> 1) can always have a correspondent in 2) while some things in 2) might not
> be in 1).
>
> Normally every user wants to do 1), but if the peer is offline, then server
> can have the capability to re-route to corresponding resource in 2) (like
> now with redirect to voicemail).
>
> The things that are in 2) without a correspondent in 1) are on-demand
> resources. Do I need to get a notification that you changed your vcard
> immediately you do it? I would say no, I need to do it when I need to email,
> send a snail mail, etc. which may happen when you are offline so the server
> storage comes in the picture and sends it to me upon my request and your
> authorization rules for that resource. That can be done very easy in the
> reply body, without a need to create a dialog state in the server and send
> notifies.

Interesting proposal. Let me some questions:

1)
- Alice has two active resources (alice-1and alice-2).
- alice-1 uploads a new vCard.
How is alice-2 notified about that change if there is no possibility
of subscription to the vcard?

2)
IMHO avatar should be part of the vCard (as vCard already includes
photo and so):
- Alice is subscribed to Bob's presence (just presence).
- Alice retrieves the vCard (including avatar) of Bob. But there is no
subscription as you said.
- Bob uploads a new version of his vCard with a new photo.
How is Alice being notified about the change to display the new avatar?

3)
Where is the limit to say "this info requires subscription but this one not"?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>