[SR-Users] [OT] Fwd: [dispatch] proposed SIXPAC charter

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Oct 21 12:09:34 CEST 2010

2010/10/21 Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:
>> this kind of privacy is affecting the calls as well, for example. I can
>> send you a call or other SIP request to discover you are online/offline.
>> So this is another service that should be applied globally: black-white
>> lists.
>>
>> Having a mechanism just for presence is another bad design.
>
> i agree and i implemented xcap_auth_status() function just in order to
> be able apply xcap rules also to MESSAGEs and INVITEs.  there should be
> different events for those though.

There is no invite-rules neither message-rules specifications for
XCAP, neither for XDM (OMA additions), just pres-rules. So we would
end implementing a supposed "standard" but always introducing custom
specifications to make it "logical". Then clients should also
implement these custom extra layers of specs in order to interoperate
properly.

When it's required to add custom specifications it means that:

- The core "standard" specifictions are not good or not enough.
- Interoperability will be a pain.

For me SIMPLE/XCAP is dead many months ago.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>