[SR-Users] Integrate xmpp module with kamailio 3.0.1

Huy Nguyen huy_quocnguyen at live.com
Wed Oct 20 07:33:11 CEST 2010

Hi Daniel and all list,

Thanks for your support, but as the below diagram, i still have some confused:

xmmp-user ------- xmpp-server ------ xmpp-to-sip-gateway -------
    sip-to-xmpp-gateway -------- sip-server ------- sip-user

 - if we use the server mode: the xmpp-to-sip-gateway and sip-to-xmpp-gateway is the xmpp module, and they have the same domain with sip-server (because the xmpp module is integrated on kamailio server) e.g kamailio1.com. So, at the xmpp client, we add the buddy as: sip-user*sip-server_domain at xmpp_domain= sip-user*kamailio1.com at kamailio1.com => the xmpp-server must establish the s2s connection to xmpp_domain, it mean the connection between xmpp-server and the kamailio-server (because xmpp module is integrated on kamailio-server). But how can settup the s2s connection, if the kamailio-server+xmpp-module don't have any running port 5269 ?

- if we use the component mode: sip-to-xmpp-gateway is the xmpp module, how about the  xmpp-to-sip-gateway, which is the appliance on the network ? the local-xmpp-server or the xmpp module ?

Thanks,
Huy Nguyen

www.htk-inc.com