[SR-Users] HTable 'size' parameter

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sat Oct 16 12:37:06 CEST 2010

Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:

> Hi, in the doc of HTable module all the examples show "a=>size=4;". As
> the doc says:
>
>   size - number specifying the size of hash table. The number of entries in
>            the table is 2^size
>
> This is, the examples just allow 16 concurrent entries, which is not
> enough in most of the cases.
> Did I misunderstand something? or do the module examples use a non
> very pertinent value?

inaki,

size=4 means that the hash table has 16 entries.  it does not mean that
the table could not contain more objects, but collisions will happen.

there is an example with size=8 too.  for some reason exampe 1.13
shows two identical htables:

modparam("htable", "htable", "a=>size=4;autoexpire=7200;dbtable=htable_a;")
modparam("htable", "htable", "a=>size=4;autoexpire=7200;dbtable=htable_a;")

-- juha