[SR-Users] authenticating users based on IP address and limiting the number of channels for the users using Kamailio 3.0 and Siremis 1.0

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Thu Oct 7 00:16:26 CEST 2010

On 10/06/2010 11:47 AM, Shrouk Khan wrote:
> hi,
> i have been looking for a way to authenticate users based on the IP from
> they come from .

There are a number of ways you could do this. They way I did it by using
a group named ipauth. If the user is a member of the group, compare the
request IP address to the one in the database. If they match, allow.
Otherwise, disallow. If the user is not in the ipauth, we continue to
challenge/response authentication.

> Also i would like to limit the number of channels (
> simultaneous calls) that each user can make .

Take a look at the dialog module. If you want per-user limits make sure
you read up about the set_dlg_profile and get_profile_size functions.
That's what I use anyway.

Corey