[SR-Users] rtpproxy_offer() and rtpproxy_answer() missing in 3.0.x

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Tue Nov 30 15:25:00 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 7:57 AM, Jeremya <jeremy at electrosilk.net> wrote:
> Alex Balashov wrote:
>> They should exist.  Are you sure you aren't using the git HEAD, where
>> they have been moved into the "rtpproxy" module?
>>
>> On Nov 30, 2010, at 3:14 AM, Jeremya <jeremy at electrosilk.net> wrote:
>>
>>> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/modules_k/nathelper.html
>>>
>>> refers to functions rtpproxy_offer() and rtpproxy_answer()  But I get an
>>> error when using them in my script.
>>>
>>> Are these not available in 3.0.x?
>>>

> I'm not quite sure which version I'm using at the moment - possibly git
> HEAD but I'm not near the system to check.
>
> In git HEAD are rtpproxy_offer and rtpproxy_answer aliases to
> force_rtp_proxy? Or do they provide different functionality?

force_rtp_proxy was removed completely from HEAD as some of the
functionality was deprecated.
Please use rtpproxy_offer/answer as it provides better wrapping around
the internal forcertpproxy function.

A short recap:
In 3.0 everything was in nathelper.
In 3.1 all rtpproxy functionality was moved to the new rtpproxy module
and part of the code was reworked (integration with the core sdp
parser).
In the upcoming 3.2 (today's HEAD) the force_rtp_proxy was removed.

It seems that the README files for 1.6 are still pointing to the dev version.
Daniel, can you check and correct this?

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas