[SR-Users] Failover with SRV records

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Nov 29 13:16:53 CET 2010

2010/11/29 marius zbihlei <marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro>:
> Kamailio does not use ICMP replies to check if a host is reachable on a UDP
> sendto(). This means that ICMP port unreachable errors are not handled by K
> and so the same host is retried on TM retransmits.

AFAIR using raw sockets checking ICMP notifications would be possible
(not yet implemented, but possible as I remember from a thread with
Andrei).
IMHO this would be very useful because if a UDP port is unreachable
and there is a ICMP notification about it, the proxy should generate
an internal 503 (transport error) rather than a 408 (fr_timer
timeout).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>