[SR-Users] Failover with SRV records

Eric Hiller mrraptor98 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 05:03:10 CET 2010

Sorry all for the second question of the night as I go through working out bugs in my setup. I want to use SRV records to loadbalance across hosts. This works great, when all the hosts listed in the SRV are up. However, I want kamailio to use the next host if the current hosts fails. I tried just setting up a new branch, but kamailio keeps using the same SRV entry over and over on that transaction, only a new transaction seems to give kamailio a chance to use a different SRV entry. Any ideas as to how I can force kamailio to try the next SRV entry if the first one fails?
For example I t_relay to 2.domain.com which has a _sip._udp.2.domain.com entry for hostA and hostB. If hostB is down, but kamialio decides to send to hostB it just keeps doing so even though hostA is perfectly up it doesn't try for it. Is there a way to remove hostB from the kamailio try list? Or as an alternative to do a manual SRV lookup on 2.domain.com and then put then in a variable and go through them one by one manually?
Ideas? Thanks-Eric