[SR-Users] TCP Children and Connection Handling

Jijo realjijo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 01:13:40 CET 2010

Hi All,

I'm facing an issue with TCP connection from Proxy(kamailio) to a SIP server
on a load test, where kamailio is not processing the message fast enough and
which leads socket buffer getting filled up. I have increased the
 tcp_rd_buf_size but that really didn't help.
According to my understanding the each TCP connection is assigned to a TCP
children, and TCP children will read until it there is no data for few
seconds and return the connection to tcp main process. In this case the TCP
connection is to the SIP server which always have some data due to periodic
SIP ping ,registration refresh and calls etc. So i believe this connection
will be hold always by one children and since that children is processing
the message sequentially, it might not be possible to increase the
performance on this connection.

My question is, If my understanding is correct How do we increase the
performance for a particular TCP connection?  Does Kamailio has some
mechanism to distribute the  message from a single TCP connection
to different child, when it is overloaded?

What is the best way to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Jijo