[SR-Users] Doubts with Registration

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 20:16:40 CET 2010

Hello,

On 11/17/10 6:58 PM, Danny Dias wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having problems with my kamailio, my phones are unable to register
> into the Proxy. I have been checking with ngrep-sip and all i'm
> receiving is many REGISTER from the phones but never getting some
> response from the Proxy
>
> The Proxy has a public IP and the phones are behind NAT. The weir
> thing is that my logs are not showing any output...and as you can see
> on the script, i have a section to receive REGISTER requests....
>
> if (is_method("REGISTER")) {
> if (!save("location")) {
> sl_reply_error();
> }
> exit;
> }

If everything is fine, then no log message should be printed if debug
parameter is low.

But if you run in debug mode with a high value and nothing is printed,
then the SIP traffic does not reach the application. A reason for that
might be a firewall, do you run one?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com