[SR-Users] Dispatcher is using gateways in Probing mode

Carsten Bock lists at bock.info
Tue Nov 16 17:03:24 CET 2010

Hi Alex,

you must have set this to ds_mark_dst("i") instead of "p", only "i"
will set the gateway to inactive.
Also you should add a "t_check_status()" before calling ds_mark_dst()
in order to define the codes, which should lead to the required state,
e.g.:

if (t_check_status("408|503")) {
   ds_mark_dst("p");
}

So only in case the ds_mark_dst would only be called, if the status of
the transaction was 408 (Request timeout) or 503 (Service
unavailable).

Please be aware, that the new setting to probing does only apply to
new requests (retransmits to the disabled destination will still occur
until the transaction does timeout).

We have been using this functionality for several years now and we
never had problems....

Carsten

--
Carsten Bock