[SR-Users] advertised_address and RR

Torbjörn Abrahamsson torbjorn.abrahamsson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 14:46:10 CET 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: sip.nslu at gmail.com [mailto:sip.nslu at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Ovidiu Sas
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 2:23 PM
To: Torbjörn Abrahamsson
Cc: sr-users at lists.sip-router.org
Subject: Re: [SR-Users] advertised_address and RR

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 8:04 AM, Torbjörn Abrahamsson
<torbjorn.abrahamsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>

> We are trying to use Kamailio 3.0.3 behind a NAT. After reading the
cookbook
> we added the advertised_address parameter set to the public IP in our cfg.
> This works for the via-header but the record-route-header still uses the
> internal IP. Shouldn’t this be changed as well? The documentation says
that
> advertised_address should apply to RR.

advertised_address parameter works for Via headers.

 - - -
OK... Then maybe the documentation should be updated, because it clearly
says it applies to RR as well:

advertised_address
It can be an IP address or string and represents the address advertised in
Via header and
other destination lumps (e.g RR header). If empty or not set (default value)
the socket
address from where the request will be sent is used.

> We have also tried to use record_route_preset, but still ends up with the
> internal IP in the record-route-header.

record_route_preset and record_route are exclusive - use one or the
other but not both for the same message

 - - -
OK... Makes sense, we saw an error regarding this in the logs. I forgot that
there was a call to record_route earlier in the code. I will try to modify
this, so it correctly calls record_route_preset instead.

Thanks,
Torbjörn Abrahamsson

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas