[SR-Users] udp_send "Invalid argument"

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu Nov 4 08:28:43 CET 2010

On Nov 02, 2010 at 18:42, Henning Westerholt <henning.westerholt at 1und1.de> wrote:
> On Sunday 24 October 2010, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> > [..]
> > yes, i just had forgotten to call force_send_socket() in one particular
> > case and therefore got the send errors.
> >
> > i have not used mhomed=1 because of the performance warning on the wiki
> > page.  it that warning still valid?
>
> Hello Marius,
>
> you did some tests in the past after your improvement(s). Do you think the
> performance warning is still valid? Otherwise we should remove it.

While the performance improved a lot (fewer syscalls), it's
still slower then no mhomed (it still does 2 extra syscalls per send),
so I would leave the warning.

We could improve it further, either caching already tried destinations,
or getting a copy of the routing table and using it directly (w/o having
to do syscalls any more).
However I don't think anybody complained loudly about it so far (even
with mhomed on it still can do thousands of calls per seconds), so it
is quite low priority.

Andrei