[SR-Users] checking if calls are still active

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Mon Nov 1 16:18:59 CET 2010

On 11/01/2010 05:13 PM, Vic Jolin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just want to ask what is the best way to check if calls are still
> active especially when we are not handling media?
>
> Thanks
Hello

There is SST (Sip Session Timers RFC 4028), which is implemented in the
SST module, but at least 1 UA must know the extension. Also I have been
working on a IETF draft  to use end-to-end OPTIONS ping to determine the
operational status of a UA.(it works well with B2BUA, relatively well
with stateful proxies). If you are interested I can talk more about the
draft and how I propose using OPTIONS requests for this.(no changes on
UAs are necessary)

Marius.