[SR-Users] continue processing route script if no response from gateway

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri May 28 18:46:43 CEST 2010

On Thursday 27 May 2010, JR Richardson wrote:
> I read about append_branch() and added it to my failure route.  Well,
> that allowed the route to branch and forward the calls to the
> failureroute gateways listed in the database.  But now I have an issue
> with re-transmits in the failure route, it's like the failure route is
> sending 2 invited to the next_domain gateways.  I really don't
> understand what I'm doing with the failure route and append_branch,
> here is a snip of my failure_route:
> [..]

Hello JR,

the failure_route basically catches the errors from the first cr_route to the
failed GW. Then it reverts the request URI to the previous (fresh) state, and
then re-write its again to the second gateway. This message is then relayed to
it. If the kamailio then re-sends the INVITE, then the second gateway perhaps
not reply as well?

As i side note, i saw in an earlier msg that you specified a
carrierfailureroute table, but don't used it so far in the cfg. If you still
want to balance to a certain (smaller) number of asterisk servers without
special prefix matching needs maybe you could take a look to the dispatcher
module, which also provides some features not available in cr, like active
probing.

Regards,

Henning