[SR-Users] Siremis 1.0 login fails (or, does nothing)

Elena-Ramona Modroiu ramona at asipto.com
Thu May 27 16:15:46 CEST 2010

On 05/27/2010 01:10 PM, Joe Micciche wrote:
> On 05/27/2010 03:16 AM, Vicente wrote:
>
>>      Hi,
>>
>>      I also had similar problems to log into Siremis some weeks ago. It
>> was caused by a combination of circumstances.
>>
>>      First I had an error with the mysql password configured for Siremis.
>> No error messages pointed to that direction. After correcting the
>> password, I couldn't connect. Then I removed the cookies and temp files
>> on the browsers. And then I can login with Firefox or Camino. But still
>> can't login with Safari.
>>
>>      What browser are you using?
>>
> Hi Vicente, I have cleared everything in my browsers and still no luck.
> I am primarily using Firefox and Chromium, and have tried Epiphany,
> Galeon, and even lynx.
>
> The lack of any error messages is frustrating. Is there any way to turn
> up debugging for Siremis?

what version of php are you using? If it is old, try:

- download siremis 0.9.1
- remove siremis-1.0.1/openbiz
- copy siremis-0.9.1/openbiz to siremis-1.0.1/
- try again

Note as well that in some OSes, connecting to openser database from
127.0.0.1 is not same as localhost (which is used by kamctl to create
openser user and database), so try with localhost instead of 127.0.0.1
in siremis/metadata/Config.xml, in case you still get problems.

Ramona