[SR-Users] A Couple of Questions about carrierroute moduel

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed May 26 00:17:43 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I'm testing carrierroute module on version: kamailio 1.5.4-notls (i386/linux).

I'm distributing calls to a group of Asterisk servers, all in the same
carrier and domain, wanted to load balance the calls and I'm curious
how this works.  I see the 'probability' parameter in the carrierroute
table and set it to equal value across all servers, I have 4 servers
I'm sending calls to, so I set each prob value to '0.25'.  I'm testing
with sipp  and hashing over call_id so this is the same for every
call.  I send 40 calls and the distribution of calls to the asterisk
servers are 11, 12, 6, 11, pretty close to even but not 100%.

How does the distribution algorithm work for carrieroute?  Does it
statefully track all active calls and load balance across each server
in destination group?  Is there another algorithm that can offer that
can get closer to a round robin effect?

Another question is do I need to include the record_route() and the
t_check_trans() functions prior to calling the carrierroute functions?
 I see in the debug "DBG:core:forward_reply: found module tm, passing
reply to it" and dialogs seem to process fine, so does the
carrierroute module handle those requirements for stateful processing?

Thanks.

JR
--
JR Richardson