[SR-Users] sipp and stateful transaction problem

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Tue May 25 00:57:11 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Klaus Darilion
<klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:

> On 21.05.2010 23:46, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 5/21/10 10:47 PM, JR Richardson wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I'm doing some testing with kamailio 1.5:
>>>
>>> kamailio1:/etc/kamailio# kamailio -V
>>> version: kamailio 1.5.4-notls (i386/linux)
>>> flags: STATISTICS, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST,
>>> SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
>>> ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
>>> MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535, PKG_SIZE 4194304
>>> poll method support: poll, epoll_lt, epoll_et, sigio_rt, select.
>>> svnrevision: 2:6005M
>>> @(#) $Id: main.c 5608 2009-02-13 16:48:17Z henningw $
>>> main.c compiled on 10:14:11 May 18 2010 with gcc 4.3.2
>>>
>>> Using dispatcher module trying to load balance SIP calls across some
>>> Asterisk servers. I have it working fine when I test in this
>>> scenario:
>>>
>>> sip phone dial out><asterisk><kamailio><round robin to several
>>> asterisk servers
>>>
>>> This works stateful and stateless, handles everything gracefully.
>>>
>>> This scenario is giving me fits:
>>>
>>> sipp dial out><kamailio><round robin to several asterisk servers
>>>
>>> I get retransmits on every call back to sipp with errors like
>
> what means "call back"?

sipp send invite to kamailio which forwards to asterisk in dispatcher
list, asterisk responds
back to kamailio which forwards that response back to sipp and I get the error:
SIP/2.0 481 Call leg/transaction does not exist on sipp.

So I think this is not supposed to work like I want it to.  The
dispatcher module is for
stateless processing only, so even though I have  RR and TM functions
in my routing script
it does not act properly.  I don't think I can use dispatcher for what
I want, which is a
stateful load balancer.

I am looking at 3.0 and carrierroute or lcr module.

Thanks.

JR

--
JR Richardson