[SR-Users] ser server does not start

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri May 21 15:49:16 CEST 2010

On Thursday 20 May 2010, Sanjeev Singh wrote:
> i am a new user of ser. PLease help me to start ser
>
> i installed ser rpm v0.9.6 on linux machine but ser is not starting.
> when i given command /etc/init.d/ser start - it is always stuck at Starting
>  ser: as shown below -------------------
> [root at linuxrnd1 ~]# /etc/init.d/ser start
> Starting ser:
> -----------------
> now when i give command just ser then it is stuck at 0(13589) DEBUG:
>  init_mod_child (1): usrloc as shown below
> WARNING: no fork mode
>
> now if i press ctrl+c then below prints come but ser does not start

Hi Sanjeev,

i think the problem you face is because you start the server not in the daemon
mode. If you then press ctrl+c it caused to stop. Modify the configuration to
start in  daemon mode (fork=yes). BTW, if you want to use the server in
production and just setting up things you should probably think about using a
newer version.

Cheers,

Henning