[SR-Users] How to insert modules in kamailio?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 11 15:41:23 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 5/11/10 3:19 PM, Bruno Bresciani wrote:
> How to insert modules in kamailio?
>
> Hi people, I worked with ser but now I'm migrating to kamailio... I'd
> like to know how to insert a ser module in the kamailio? Example: In
> the ser modules exist the route module and I want to use it in the
> kamailio. It's possible?

to shed some light, version 3.0 includes both kamailio and ser modules.
It is practically the same source code, just different default modules
used for auth, rr, a.s.o.

Here is an picture trying to detail the source code structure:
http://sip-router.org/releases/

In this context, you can say you upgraded to 3.0 and it is up to you if
you want to compile as kamailio or as ser :-).

The kamailio_3.0 branch has disabled the compilation of duplicated ser
modules (those located in modules_s directory). To enable, do:

make modules_dirs="modules modules_k modules_s" cfg

then compile and install.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/
* http://twitter.com/miconda