[SR-Users] How to insert modules in kamailio?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue May 11 15:23:30 CEST 2010

On 05/11/2010 09:19 AM, Bruno Bresciani wrote:

> Hi people, I worked with ser but now I'm migrating to kamailio... I'd
> like to know how to insert a ser module in the kamailio? Example: In the
> ser modules exist the route module and I want to use it in the kamailio.
> It's possible?

Sure, just make sure:

1) The module is in the "module path", i.e. the set of directories
searched for modules.

2) Do: loadmodule "modname"

It is not necessary any longer to specify the full filename, e.g.
"modname.so".  Merely "modname" will do.

3. Module parameters are supplied afterward using "modparam", e.g.

modparam("modname", "param_name", "value")

Note no semicolon at the end of this statement.

4. Multiple modules' parameters can be combined if they share a name:

modparam("modname1|modname2|modname3", "param_name", "value")

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC