[SR-Users] RPID Mod Question

dotnetdub dotnetdub at gmail.com
Wed May 5 23:04:16 CEST 2010

Hi List,

For certain Asterisk customers I want them to be allowed to manage and send
their own CLI - we currently pass this onto providers as RPID. For example
we also run a multi tenant pbx that uses kamailio as its proxy so it makes
sense that we can send the callerID from this box to kamailio.

Basically I will setup a prefix, check for that and if it matches I want to
rewrite the RPID using the From"" from the SIP message..

From: "16172345671" <sip:username at domain>;tag=xxxxxxxxxxxx

In this case I would send the RPID as

<sip:16172345671 at domain;party=calling;id-type=subscriber;privacy=off;screen=yes>"
to our providers rather than reading the default value from the database for
rpid.

Where in the Kamailio / SR docs should I be looking for examples that would
be similar / manipulating this type of info.

Thanks,
S.