[SR-Users] Wrong handling CANCEL message

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon May 3 15:04:03 CEST 2010

On Friday 30 April 2010, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> [..]
> Not exactly, sorry, the proxy should forward the CANCEL stateless:
>
> 16.10 CANCEL Processing
>    [...]
>    If a response context is not found, the element does not have any
>    knowledge of the request to apply the CANCEL to.  It MUST statelessly
>    forward the CANCEL request (it may have statelessly forwarded the
>    associated request previously).

Hi Iñaki,

ok, but i think in the default server configuration we don't do it this way:

        if (is_method("CANCEL"))
        {
                if (t_check_trans())
                        t_relay();
                exit;
        }

We just drop them. In the sr configuration i think there is also a similar
method implemented (etc/sip-router.cfg, route[CATCH_CANCEL]). In the past on
our systems we've tried to forward them stateless, but this created some loop
conditions, if i remember correctly. Sending a final response to the CANCEL
(e.g. 491) also not worked out really well.

Henning