[SR-Users] GSoC2010: welcome Marius Bucur

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon May 3 12:49:53 CEST 2010

Hello,

GSoC2010 selected projects were announced several days ago. I want to
welcome Marius Bucur, students at Computer Science Faculty in Bucharest.
He is going to implement our proposed project about presence support for
audio conference mixers:
http://www.sip-communicator.org/index.php/GSOC2010/Kamailio4575

It will be tight related to implementation in SEMS conference mixer:
http://www.sip-communicator.org/index.php/GSOC2010/SEMSAudioLevels

Shortly, is about getting presence updates about participants in a
conference room, who is speaking, audio levels of speakers, etc. SIP
Communicator is a softphone that has support for this features, see a
presentation about it at:
http://www.kamailio.org/events/2010-FOSDEM/SIP.Communicator-FOSDEM-2010.pdf
http://www.sip-communicator.org/

Please provide Marius hints and guidelines as fast as you can for him to
get quickly into application architecture. Along with me, Marius Zbihlei
will officially help in mentoring, if you have questions about GSoC
project administration, etc., contact one of us.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/
* http://twitter.com/miconda
* http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielconstantinmierla