[SR-Users] what is $name?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Mar 24 16:09:54 CET 2010

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

 > if $name is not found as PV, then it is same as $avp(name) -- $name is
 > the SER way of using AVPs in cfg. I don't remember right now if you can
 > force error reporting: if PV is not found then throw error (full
 > kamailio 1.5 compatibility behaviour).

daniel,

thanks for the explanation.  i could not find this information in "SIP
Router Pseudo-Variables" document.

in my case, i was assigning $domain a value, so no errors would have
been produced anyway.

perhaps it would be a good idea if script writer could choose the used
avp mode ($avp(name) or $name) and then errors would be reported if the
mode is not followed.

-- juha