[Kamailio-Users] Kammailio as proxy and clustered asterisk as registrar

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 11:24:36 CEST 2010

On 3/27/10 7:04 PM, Vic Jolin wrote:

> Hi, I would like to seek help from the list regarding my setup. I have
> kamailio setup to send any sip messages to load balance asterisk
> clusters.
>
> The registration part is successful. The calling part is not, calls
> get dropped, I believe it's rtp issue or maybe nat. I'm very new to
> kamailio and would like to ask for help on this.

If asterisk does not support PATH extension and you deal with natted
clients then you cannot have kamailio as load balancer and asterisk as
registrars. Calls must go back to phones behind nat via kamailio,
otherwise symmetric NATs drop the sip traffic coming directly from asterisk.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla * http://www.asipto.com/ *
http://twitter.com/miconda *
http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielconstantinmierla