[Kamailio-Users] Is Timestamp supported in kamailio?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Mar 16 18:12:35 CET 2010

2010/3/16 mustafa rifaee <mustafa.rifaee at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> I would like to asking you

Hi, it's just better to keep the thread in the maillist.

> about the Time-stamp header in SIP messages,  and
> why this header does not supported in most open SIP servers, Is it
> recommended or not?

> Is this fact true ?? I think The problem is that both UAS and UAC must have
> the same system time to generate a useful result. So therefore both or all
> SIP devices (think about an intermediate proxy) must have NTP activated.

That's not true. The request can contain a header like:

 TimeStamp: 25

and the proxy/server replies in the 100 Trying:

 TimeStamp: 25 0.001

This means that it has token 0.001 seconds to the server in order to
process the request and generate the 100 response.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>

--