[Kamailio-Users] re : openserctl statistics..

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 12:25:33 CET 2010

Hello,

On 03/13/2010 07:08 PM, Jignesh Gandhi wrote:
> Hello,
> What does the following stat mean when you run the " openserctl moni "
> sl: received_ACKs = xxxx
> I did some digging and I got the following explanation... But am not
> sure if this is an
> error in operser or an error on a message received by openser or what?
> " sl: received_ACKs - number of received ACKs due sending negative
> replies. "
when you send a negative reply (code >=300), the calling party sends an
ACK. This ack is filtered by sl module (does not get in config file).
This statistic counts them.

Typical case is authentication of calls or registration. The auth
modules use sl to send back the challenge (401 or 408 replies).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio SIP Router Masterclass, Berlin, March 22-26, 2010
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/