[Kamailio-Users] Fwd: Kamailio as a proxy between Trunk and PBX.

Espen Berg espen at monsternett.no
Tue Mar 16 08:43:36 CET 2010

We are planning a new voip system.  The trunk is provided to us on a
private 10.x.x.x/29 range, and therefore not available direct to our end
customers.  We plan to have some kind of SIP/RTP proxy in front of the
trunk, and a PBX in front of this.  The trunk doesn't have any
authentication, the end customers should connect and authenticate to the
PBX in front, and the RTP streams should terminate to the proxy.

Is this possible to achieve by using Kamailio and RTPProxy?

Trunk

    | 10.x.x.x/29

SIP Proxy

PBX Asterisk etc.

Customer

I have tried many different configurations and browsed every bundled
example and web, but still I am not able to do what I want.  This have
already given me some grey hears, so I guess it's time to check if this
is even possible.  If not, is there any other approach that is more
recommendable?  If someone has done this before I would appreciate some
example configuration that I could work with.

Regards

Espen, Norway