[Kamailio-Users] uac_replace_from unexpected behavior

Brandon Armstead brandon at voipo.com
Tue Mar 16 02:30:53 CET 2010

Hello,

As always thank you ahead of time for your help and input!

I am currently calling uac_replace_from("", "") in effort to "leave uri" and
"toss away display name"

Which does seem to work....... for the initial INVITE

However upon receiving an ACK with an empty display, however "" <-
quotations, it does not clear the display "" which is causing issues with
one of my upstream vendors.

Example / Scenario:

From: "" <sip:uri at host>

Expected Result upon uac_replace_from("",""):        From: <sip:uri at host>

Current Result: From: "" <sip:uri at host>

As you can see it is not stripping the "" empty display quotes.

Any thoughts / ideas / suggestions to get my desired affect?

Sincerely,
Brandon Armstead