[Kamailio-Users] [OT] BYE sip:SIMPLE&XCAP at ietf.org SIP/1.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 23:13:48 CET 2010

Hi Inaki,

On 03/05/2010 05:09 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, if somebody is bored and has 5-10 minutes of spare time I suggest to read
> the mail I've sent to sip-implementors maillist, full of hate and fury:
>
> https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/sip-implementors/2010-
> March/024529.html

sad, but true! Your conclusions are right.

I think we have to find ourselves a way in SIP to go the xmpp approach,
which means: first implement then specify. IM & Presence are basic
services in IP communication, they simply must work.

I would impose a rule in IETF that each rfc must have one
prototype/reference implementation before approval. Otherwise they will
keep pushing generic and complex service architectures.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio SIP Router Masterclass, Berlin, March 22-26, 2010
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/