[Kamailio-Users] 3.0 Modules

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 23:04:27 CET 2010

Hello,

On 03/06/2010 03:48 PM, dotnetdub wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I see two modules in particular that I could really do with running on
> 1.5.3 - I have started testing 3.0 but will not put into production
> just yet.
>
> Call control and topoh
>
> Would it be possible to backport these to 1.53 ? Would there be much
> to it.?

I can talk for topoh, it requires changes in the core. There are not
big, but you need to be familiar with how messages are handled and how
changes to sip message are applied. Then it is a core event framework
that needs to be backported as well.

> . Call Control in particular is something that is very useful for us.

I don't think this one has many changes since 1.5, it uses the openser
module interface. Probably just few files were relocated or function
prototypes changed.

> We will eventually move to 3.0 of course as it is amazing product with
> lots of really nice new features just been burned badly before by
> moving to something so new.

Workaround for topoh would be to run 3.0 on the same server but
different port, just do record-routing and relay.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio SIP Router Masterclass, Berlin, March 22-26, 2010
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/