[Kamailio-Users] OpenSER+Asterisk+BLF

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 23:00:04 CET 2010

Hello,

On 03/07/2010 01:23 AM, Mark Sayer wrote:
> We are needing to modify the configure of a currently operating
> OpenSER to properly relay the SUBSCRIBE and SIP-NOTIFY messages that
> are sent between Asterisk and a phone that supports BLF (like the Snom
> 300 or Yealink T26). Our setup includes an OpenSER 1.2 & Asterisk
> 1.4.17 in the same box. OpenSER performs all registration,
> authentication and NAT. Asterisk handles the media and the accounting.

openser 1.2.x is too old and does not have the blf features. You need at
least kamailio (openser) 1.5.x, better 3.0.0.

It might work with latest Asterisk to send the subscribe to it and get
NOTIFYs even phone is not registered to Asterisk, never tried though.

> In a pure Asterisk environment a "hint" would be setup in the Asterisk
> extensions.conf file and the phone (UA) would SUBSCRIBE to that HINT.
> Once Asterisk has registered that UA to the HINT then it sends
> SIP-NOTIFY messages to the UA as the status of the channel changes
> (available, ringing, busy).
>
> Our current openser.cfg file makes no mention of either SUBSCRIBE or
> NOTIFY which is an obvious reason that my Asterisk installation never
> registers the UA to the HINT.
>
> Is anyone interested in getting paid to fix this for us (we're too
> stupid to do it ourselves) or to offer another solution for
> controlling BLF in this setup.

Can help only with 1.5.x/3.0.0.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio SIP Router Masterclass, Berlin, March 22-26, 2010
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/